Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Daughter's Shirt

My daughter turned 9 today. I cannot believe she is 9! To make her birthday fun, we are hiding her presents and each one has a clue on it to find the next. I made her card today and this is what I came up with. I was inspired by one of her favorite shirts from Justice. I just wish I could get pictures that show the colors better!




To create my daughter's card, I used stamps from Technique Tuesday, CTMH, and Stampin' Up! I used Dutch blue ink from CTMH, Memento Black, London Fog, and Ladybug Red (which you cannot see on the guitar). I colored in the peace signs with Copic markers. I added my favorite glitter to the guitar (which is funny for me to say because I really despise glitter, especially when it gets in my eye because I am careless.) I also lightly painted glassy glaze on the top of the guitar to give it shine, but you cannot see that in the picture. I sanded my Sizzix embossed cranberry CTMH cs. And finally, the guitar and "Happy Birthday" sentiment hang freely from the white sassy strands. There is some sponging around the edges. I based the card off of the SC314 sketch from splitcoast stampers. I tried to make this match her shirt the best I could.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter. The cards are beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the challenge. - Colleen (paper wings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card :) So much fun, I hope your daughter has a great birthday!
    xx, Nora Anne

    ReplyDelete