I found some pretty material yesterday and knew I wanted to use my spellbinders Rose Creations die with it to make a flower for a card. So this was my experiment... I had fun and really like how easy it is to make a flower, but I am not sure how I feel about the card. I feel like something is missing. So which do you like? with the "thank you" sentiment or without?
I went to the Scrapbook Expo in Somerset yesterday with a few friends and It was a lot of fun. I have never been to one before, so I didn't know what I was going to find there. I have to say that I behaved very well...I stayed away from any DP and Cardstock. I was never really into stickers, so they didn't entice me. (I did get a few that were cheap for my kids, but other than that.....Nada. ) I got a few Nesties that I had wanted. They were WELL worth the price and the other thing I splurged on were Technique Tuesday stamps. I have always like them and they had some real cute new designs. I have dedicated this weekend to make TT cards with my new stamps. Then on Monday, I will be back to my wonderful A Muse stamps. Anyway....Here is my first card from Technique Tuesday. The two girls, on the swing and pushing her, remind me of my girls.
You cannot see it in the picture, but I did spray the white and black image with the stardust finishing spray from Amuse and it has a shimmery effect.(I really love that stuff) and I used a spica pen on "GOOD" to give it the same kind of shimmer. The ribbon is A Muse, Paper is from K&Co. and A Muse.
I wanted to try out the bargello technique from Splitcoast stampers (that would be the staggered pieces of paper behind the dolphins). It was not hard and I really like how it turned out. I glittered the dolphins and also used the recessed window technique for the A Muse challenge. The stamp set that I used was Keep Swimmin' and All of the paper and supplies are from A muse. The only thing that isn't is the wonky rectangle nestabilities die to cut out the windows. I need to change the picture because this one doesn't show the true colors of the cardstock. Hope you like it!
I wanted to do the Splitcoast Stampers challenge SC333 and I had the mighty jungle set from A Muse in mind. I had a lot of fun coloring the monkeys in using Copics E44, E31, YG03, YG23 AND W2. I topped it off with french roast twine. Thanks for looking!
First, I want to say a BIG thank you to everyone that leaves comments on my blog. I really appreciate the feedback. It is so fun to see what people think about my cards. So... THANK YOU!!!!!
I finally had a chance to make my daughter's communion thank you cards. I needed something that could be done simply because we NEED to get them out in the mail. Fortunately, the cut out center from her invitations were perfect to use for the center of these cards. They were already cut out and ready to use. I cut out the center for the card so the cross could hang freely. Then I stamped the verse inside so you can see it through the window. Thank you for looking!
Below...I decided to add an extra loop in the bow and a pearl in the flower. I really love the A Muse Bow Maker. All of my bows are exactly the same size and so quick to make!!!! This is the video on how to use it: A Muse Bow Maker video
EASY PEASY.....LOVE IT!!!!
I loved it so much I used it to create my notepad covers. They are 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 in size and I really like how they turned out. I just wish the pads were white instead of yellow. Grrrrr. Anyway, Hope you like them! Thank you for the inspiration Julie!
I will add the list of supplies later today.... I am too tired!
This card was made for two challenges. It fits in the splitcoast stampers sc332 challenge and A Muse is having a recessed window challenge. I had a lot of fun using the A Muse window sheets in my compact. I also had the chance to try out the A Muse Bow maker. I used GLAMOUR GIRL stamp set, blush and black paper with black gingham DP. Hope that you like it!
This is just a picture to show the recessed window! Thanks for looking!!! AND....this is the link on how to use the bow maker:
I am, by default, programed to go to blues and browns when stamping. I wish I could take a better picture of this card. I used the A Muse stardust finishing spray on it and is looks so pretty on the flower and the bottom of the card where I stamped Marvelous Marigolds with sky and fern ink. I also used B23 phthalo blue copic with the colorless blender to add dots to the flower. I ended it with a pearl in the center of the flower. Hope you like!
A*Muse Marvelous Marigolds Stamp set
This picture is just to show the shmmer from the A Museshimmer finishing spray.
I still wish I were there!!!! I loved my family trip to the Bahamas. AND I am so ready for the summer and the beach....I am always ready for the beach. Anyway, I made this card using my A*Muse stamp sets: Sea Shells, Mesh background, and Life's a breeze. I used Memento Rich cocoa, A*muse Latte, and A*Muse french roast ink. Other supplies used were french roast twine, Sky CS, sponge daubers and BG10, E31, W2 Copic markers. I used a stained mosaic technique that I got from splitcoast stampers here:
YIKES! ***I almost forgot...you NEED versamark and clear embossing powder!!!!!!****Otherwise, you cannot do this technique....
I hope that you like this card. I had so much fun making it and have wanted to try this technique with sea shells. I have done it with flowers....but really wanted to try it with a shell set. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you like what you see, you can get all of the products from my website. Thank you for looking!