Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spellbinders Crosses Communion Card

Good Morning! Today I made a communion card with some fun ColorBok self adhesive vellum and my spellbinders crosses. My friend Christine had given me some of this self adhesive vellum to try and I really like it! I used the Stampin up square lattice embossing folder and another spellbinders frame die ( i cannot remember the name of it.) I hope that you like it!
 
 

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Stampin, up Sycamore Street Set for Craft Fair

Hello! Whenever I get a gift bag, I remember the tissue paper, but forget the tag and bow. That was the inspiration for today's project. I put together a Card, Tag, Bow gift set using Stampin' Up's Sycamore Street Paper Pack (wrapping paper not included.) I thought it would be good to sell sets like this at the craft fair.

 
 
In this project, I used the Sizzix die for the pin wheel, Papertrey ink inside and out birthday stamps, PTI Fresh snow ink for the dots, PTI tag die, Balloon punch, cloud punches, sizzix embossig folders, and the sizzix bow die. I hope you like my little set!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Flowersoft to the rescue!

I had made these cards about a week ago. They were simple little cards but, I never finished them because I wanted to add something to the center of the white flower that was not bling.
 
 
So this morning, while I was drinking my cup of coffee and staring aimlessly at my daffodils (see yesterday's post), I thought hmmmm maybe I could use flowersoft. Then I realized that I couldn't find any of my flowersoft other than IVORY and I was not sure where my flowersoft glue was....probably with the flowersoft I couldn't find. So I googled...as we all do when we need a little help, and I found that I could dye my IVORY flowersoft with my Copic reinkers, and glue it with Aleene's tacky glue...all my problems were solved!!!!! Well, the problems that were card related.
 
So I took a ziplock bag, some of the flowersoft, a couple of drops of copic ink (it is alcohol based, which makes it adhere to the flowersoft), squished it around and let it dry for a minute or two.
 
 
I could have added more ink, but I liked the way this looked. Added it to the card, and this is what I came up with...
 
 
 
 
I am very happy with the results.....
 
Also, as a sidenote...If you do not have any flowersoft but have white styrofoam, you can shread that and dye it the same way as I did with the flowersoft. Happy Stamping!