Friday, March 1, 2013

Flowersoft to the rescue!

I had made these cards about a week ago. They were simple little cards but, I never finished them because I wanted to add something to the center of the white flower that was not bling.
 
 
So this morning, while I was drinking my cup of coffee and staring aimlessly at my daffodils (see yesterday's post), I thought hmmmm maybe I could use flowersoft. Then I realized that I couldn't find any of my flowersoft other than IVORY and I was not sure where my flowersoft glue was....probably with the flowersoft I couldn't find. So I googled...as we all do when we need a little help, and I found that I could dye my IVORY flowersoft with my Copic reinkers, and glue it with Aleene's tacky glue...all my problems were solved!!!!! Well, the problems that were card related.
 
So I took a ziplock bag, some of the flowersoft, a couple of drops of copic ink (it is alcohol based, which makes it adhere to the flowersoft), squished it around and let it dry for a minute or two.
 
 
I could have added more ink, but I liked the way this looked. Added it to the card, and this is what I came up with...
 
 
 
 
I am very happy with the results.....
 
Also, as a sidenote...If you do not have any flowersoft but have white styrofoam, you can shread that and dye it the same way as I did with the flowersoft. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment