Wednesday, March 5, 2014

TLC471 Embossed Vellum

Good Morning! The card I have for you  this morning is for the Splitcoast Stampers Try a New Technique Challenge TLC471. The challenge was to either heat emboss or dry emboss on vellum. When it comes to vellum, that is not a challenge, trying to adhere it so you cannot see the adhesive through it is always my challenge! Vellum always make a card look so pretty too...

So what I decided to do was to die cut  a window through the card and other layers and layer it between two of the sheets of card stock so you do not see the tape. I heat embossed the Verve stamp 'Happy Birthday' with SU Early Espresso embossing powder. I also dry embossed the vellum layer of the the butterfly.

I used Taylored Expressions Label Stacklets 2 Die set to cut out the window in the card and to make the frame around the window.


I embossed butterfly the butterfly with a cuttlebug folder {I don't remember the name of it, but it looks like damask}





The inside showing the vellum through the card.
I used BoBunny Primrose DSP. It is so soft and pretty (and I LOVE butterflies!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment